How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Reputable and successful companies did not start out making millions of dollars in profit, they started out small. So continue to stay focused and determined about the success of your company even if you are not at the pinnacle of success yet.
Along your journey to internet success, there are many key stepping stones that you should use to your full advantage to make the journey more successful.
8 Key Stepping Stones Along the Path to Internet Success
- The Stone of Sincerity: People can feel it when you want to sell them something and that is an uncomfortable feeling. Genuinely offer customers useful products and services that make you and them happy. Follow your passion, do what you love and the money will follow.
- The Stone of Gratitude: People remember your kindness. There are many things you can be grateful about, someone who refers business to you, customers who leave product reviews, reliable suppliers etc. You can thank people with a special offer, discounts, or even a commission.
- The Stone of ‘Sloppy Success’ : Your communications materials will never be 100% perfect. It can always be improved on or revised. There’s a saying that goes “Sloppy success is better than perfect mediocrity”. When you have a product that can save the world, it is more important to get the message out there as fast as you can. The more you delay, the more chances you are providing for fellow competitors to latch on your idea and reach your customers faster than you can.
- The Stone of Moccasins : Put yourself in your customers’ shoes. Don’t assume that something which is important to you works the same for your customers. Always put yourself in your customers’ shoes and look at it from your customers’ point of view, not the company’s. The rule is “take care of the customer and he’ll take care of the company”.
- The Stone of Expertise: Becoming an expert positions you as an authority in your field. That may significantly decrease your competitors’ strength. You can offer seminars that establish you (or your company) as an expert on the topic. Seminars also help you build better relationships with your current customers, attract more prospects, and increase your (or your company’s) exposure. The strategy is to choose a topic with broad appeal among your client and prospect base. After the seminar, follow-up with attendees by email, phone, or in person.
- The Stone of Rationality: You should know the deciding factor. People tend to react emotionally when making decisions. However, they like to believe that their decision was made based on rational thinking. So when presenting an offer, a smart marketer will first include the emotional motivator that wins the customer over and also encompass the rationality element to satisfy the customer’s need to rationalize the purchase.
- The Stone of ‘One’: Write to one, reach out to many. Address your promotional, marketing materials or sales letters to one individual and write copy based on that person. Write in such a way as though you were sitting down and having a conversation with that person about your product, service or business.
- The Stone of Return: Bring Visitors back to your site. Create value-adding extras to make your site a must-visit for the latest breaking news and update it frequently. You can provide industry updates, gossip, trends and forecasts. This will bring visitors back and motivate them to spread the word on the Internet grapevine.