This may sound a bit strange… After all, you’re in business to make money, right? Absolutely! You want the sale…Right? Of course! The best way to sell a customer is by first gaining their trust and reassuring them that by making a purchase from you, it will be a decision they won’t regret. Quality content is the key to engaging your future customers.
You’ll have the ability to create some genuine content that will be picked up by search engines, which in turn, will lead to a flood of traffic. Once you start writing articles for your newsletter (and you will start a newsletter…right?), simply load them onto your website to add instant content that your visitors will enjoy reading and look forward to… and the search engines will gobble it up like an ant eater on steroids. The search engines look for content when listing sites… and that’s very important for traffic.
The only way to really do this effectively is by pre-selling. You want your website visitors to ultimately click the “Buy Now” button on your website, but you only want them to do so AFTER they’ve come to know your business and respect you as a business professional.
Why not put some articles or valuable content on your website that will interest readers in your niche’ market.
- Offer free downloads for visitors to read at their leisure.
- Get them to sign up for your newsletter so you can stay in touch.
- Place a web poll on your site to get visitors involved – make sure the questions relate to your site’s theme
- Put a feedback form on your website for readers to offer their suggestions
- Put a testimonials page up to show your visitors how much previous buyers enjoyed their shopping experience
- Offer a “Buying Tips” or “Helpful Hints” page to give your visitors something of value for free
- Offer a weekly promotion to get visitors returning to your site on a regular basis